Cornerstone Academy Preparatory School recommends and encourages 15 volunteer hours from each family. Families that meet or exceed this goal will receive first priority on chaperoning school field trips and other privileges as determined by the school. Families may earn hours by:
- Attending parents’ association meetings attending parent trainings given by the school
- Attending parent/teacher conferences participating in school event set-up, execution, and clean-up (jog-a-thon, family literacy night, movie night, campus cleanup, end of year bbq, field day)
- Aassisting with morning/afternoon traffic duty
- Assisting teachers with classroom setup/cleanup or project preparation
- Assisting teachers with classroom presentations
- Serving as the homeroom parent
- Assisting office staff with paperwork ensuring scholars have perfect attendance in a given trimester
- Ensuring scholars have perfect homework/reading log completion in a given trimester
- Donating school supplies or snacks to the classroom
- Volunteering in the school library
- Volunteering in the classroom (background check required)
- Assisting school staff with recess duty (background check required)
CLICK ON THE BUTTONS BELOW TO TRACK OR SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER.
At this time, we are only tracking volunteer hours for donating, directing traffic, and helping the teachers. All other volunteer hours will be tracked at the event or the day of.